CHIA MAY BE NATURE'S BEST "FUNCTIONAL FOOD"
A staple of the ancient Mayan and Aztec peoples, Chia seeds have been used as an energy food for centuries. Recent research has found that Chia is a seed with a high concentration of healthful nutrients that qualify this amazing seed as a 'functional food.'
A functional food is described as a food that can promote health or prevent disease. For example, it has been determined that foods high in fibre may decrease the risk of certain forms of cancer, and that foods high in essential fatty acids can relieve arthritis pain and improve cardiovascular and heart health.
Food scientists have learned that many foods have specific nutrients (vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, protein, etc.) and components (i.e. fibre, sterols, stanols, antioxidants) that may be effective in treating specific diseases, or at the very least, lowering our disease risk. These nutrient dense foods can help fight inflammation, increase energy levels, lower our risk of heart disease and cancer, help combat diabetes, and assist in weight control, without the side effects of drugs.
- Nature’s richest vegetarian source of omega-3 essential fatty acids
- Nature’s richest source of fibre (especially rich in soluble fibre)
- Complete protein with high levels of 18 Amino Acids (including the essential 10)
- Three times more iron than spinach
- Fifteen times more magnesium than broccoli
- Six times more calcium than milk
- No trans fats
- Kosher and Pareve
- Gluten Free
- Hypo-Allergenic – There are no known allergies to Chia
We at Green Mountain Nutritionals shop the world for the highest quality seed, richest in omega oils.
It is then cleaned and shipped.